Everyone savors succulent and delicious mangoes which are often referred as the king of fruits. You can gloat in the glory of sweet delight in various forms i.e. raw mangoes, small cubes of mangoes with ice-cream, mango pickle, mango shake, mango juice, aam panna etc. There are a number of variants of mangoes that are readily available in the market i.e alphonso, chuansa, langara, dusheri etc. Besides being a sweet treat these mouth watering mangoes contains abundant vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that promise to keep you in good health.
Mango has a dominant place among all the fruits not only as far as pleasing the taste buds are concerned but also in terms of wide array of health benefits. It is a potent fruit which is a rich source of fiber, iron, Vitamin A, C,E, K, phosphorous, manganese, potassium, flavonoids and polyphenols antioxidants.
Health Benefits of Mango
- Preempts Cancer- Adding a dash of mangoes in your diet helps to prevent cancer as it is predisposed with antioxidant and anti-carcinogenic properties that aids in preventing cancer.
- Keeps a Tab on Cholesterol Level- Regular consumption of mangoes keeps a check on cholesterol. It reduces bad LDL cholesterol and increases good HDL cholesterol. It also reduces the risk of stroke and heart attacks.
- Skin Cleanser- It rejuvenates and revitalizes the skin and restores back gleam and shine on your face. Smear mango pulp on your face for half an hour and your skin will start radiating and glowing.
- Take Care of Eye Sight- The presence of various nutrients in the king of fruits i.e. mango promotes healthy vision. Regular consumption of mangoes prevents dry eyes, night blindness, softens cornea, burning of eyes.
- Aids in Digestion- Consuming mango aids in digestion as it contains digestive enzymes which regulates bowel movements thus keeping away digestion problems.
- Sturdy Immune System- Mango is said to strengthen immune system and aids in combating ailments. Due to the presence of 25 types of carotenoids, vitamin A and C it keeps your immune system sturdy and strong!
- Helps in Concentration and Boosts Memory- Feed mangoes to children as it improves their focus and concentration. The glutamine acid in mango keeps the cells alive and boosts the memory.
Despite of the benevolent effects of mangoes one should exercise caution while consuming mangoes as over consumption has perilous impact on one’s body. People should stick to the old maxim that excess of anything is bad and should consume mangoes in moderation. It should be forbidden by people who are obese or those who are suffering from diabetes as it leads to a surge in blood sugar levels and promotes weight gain. Stay Healthy and Keep Relishing Mangoes!