Tea or coffee gives a perfect start to our day. You don’t feel agile and fresh without a big jar of morning cuppa. Tea and coffee has earned a lot of prominence in our lives. Without tea or coffee we encounter problems like headache, irritation, mood swings etc. It provides a sudden rush of energy and keeps us rejuvenated.
Tea is the second most consumed beverage in the world after water. Besides the fact that tea entices the taste buds but there is striking amount of research that suggests that adding milk in tea has pronounced ill effects on body. It provides a short term reprieve but in long term it can lead to a surge in blood pressure, spikes blood sugar and elevates stress levels. So time is ripe to switch to green tea which is a powerhouse of health benefits. It contains huge amount of antioxidants, enzymes, amino acids, phytochemicals, vitamin B, folate, manganese, potassium and caffeine.
Medicinal Benefits of Green Tea
- Sorts Weighty Issues- Green tea is hailed to tackle weighty issues and keeps you slender and slim. Replace sugary and fizzy drinks with green tea to reap best results. It leads to a spurt in metabolism and aids to avoid extra calories.
- Keeps Anxiety and Stress Away- Touted as a super drink and health drink green tea puts your frayed nerves at rest. Green tea contains theanine which has cooling effect thus keeps away stress and anxiety.
Keeps Ageing at Bay- Green tea add years to your youthfulness as it is laden with antioxidants and anti ageing properties which delays the onset of ageing.
- Ravishing Skin- Laden with antioxidants green tea has benevolent effect on skin. It renders shimmering and ravishing skin. For optimum results you can make a face pack of green tea and apply on skin. Heat green tea in water and after cooling wash you face for instant glow and freshness.
- Alzheimer and Parkinson- It improves brain functioning and protect your brain in old age. Green tea extracts is said to prevent and slow down the progression of Alzheimer and Parkinson.
- Cholesterol- Innumerable people are facing an ordeal called high cholesterol. Green tea is packed with tannins which reduces bad LDL (low density lipoproteins) thus keeping a balance between good and bad cholesterol.
- Prevents Hair Loss- Receding hairline is a common problem from which people of all age group suffer. You can heave a sigh of relief as green tea extracts solidifies roots and promotes hair follicles to grow. It also delays early onset of greying.