Ruddy and crunchy apples are the most preferred fruit among the health conscious and fitness freaks. It is a marvel and the most acclaimed fruit that has earned a reputation of keeping a doctor away. It promises to keep you in optimum health as it is packed with antioxidants, flavanoids and dietary fibre. It has wide array of health benefits thus it can aptly justify the adage “An apple a day keeps a doctor away”.
Health Benefits of Apples
- Get Pearly White Smile- Apple is not a substitute for brushing but an apple a day is an ideal fruit as it acts like a cleanser and brightens the teeth. Chewing apple scrubs away stains over your teeth.
- Averts the occurrence of Alzheimer’s- An apple a day keeps alzeheimer at bay as it leads to uptick of acetylcholine production which communicates between nerve cells so prevents memory loss. Apple boost brain power as apples are rich in antioxidants and particularly in quercetin which keeps your brain sharp and alert.
- Reduces Cholesterol- Consuming an apple reduces bad LDL cholesterol as it blocks the absorption of cholesterol and aids the body to use it rather than being stored in the body.
- Keeps Healthy Gut- Fibrous apples aids in keeping digestion problems away as it ensures smooth bowel movement. It preempts constipation and other digestion disorders.
- Keeps a Watch at Weight- Apple promises to provide you fullness and satiety for longer intervals. It breaks your habit of overeating or binging on unhealthy snacks. Consuming apple leads to a spurt in metabolism thus evading reasons of irrational weight gain.
- Hunger Pangs at Bay- Consuming apple keeps hunger pangs at bay as it keeps you fool for long intervals. It is a wealth of fiber and it takes your body longer to digest complex fiber than more simple materials like sugar or refined grains.
- Prevents Breathing Problems- Consuming apples are linked with better lung functioning and women who consume apples aplenty are less likely to have children with breathing problems.
- Combats Cold- Apples are not rival of oranges but apples are considered good source of boosting immune system as they contain Vitamin C and fights cold and cough.
- Lowers the Risk of Type 2 Diabetes- Consuming apples, pears and blueberries are linked to reduce the risk of developing type 2 diabetes because it is enriched with antioxidants and anthocyanins.