There are several factors where we as parents, don’t seem to understand or I can say..we ignore the fact about our kids eating habits in particular..
Now that, fitness and healthy living is globally brought into people’s notice we must make sure that, we keep a close check on our kids diet and healthy living..
BRING HOME A NEW ROUTINE :- we need to ensure our kids have a great time enjoying their meal.. so all the mummies try working round the clock.. to prepare a good healthy meal.. but on the bargain .. what you get is tantrums, cranky babies.. and it gets worse..
So lets get a quick fix on this..
- fill your kitchen with healthy snacks, like wheat flakes, flavored oats, and some baked eatables..
- add colour into your cooking, with broccoli, capsicum, some
greens.. especially kids love green peas.. so you can combine making a good soup or a tossed salad with these and decorate it with cheese..
- watch their habits by maintaining a good hygiene, from washing your hands to table manners..
- baked sprouts and adding good fibre in their breakfasts will keep the mind sharp and active..
- a glass of milk.. will work wonders during the day.
- What appeals to the eye of the kids, is what they get on their palate..
- Keep your children updated with the essential nutrients that is in vegetables and fruits.
- Sea cod liver oil capsule is a great source of omega fatty acid,which will boost the energy and immune system when consumed 1 tab a day..
- Distract your kids from junkies and desserts.. do not reward them as a bonus.this might only increase their craving for sweets.
- Keep serving your child healthy choices, make a soup with grated zuccini, grated carrots, some sauces and add some flavor to it to make it look attractive.
- Ensure that your child is designated at the table during meal times… and remember the television can be a cause for encouraging your child to get attracted for sugary products..
- Don’t be a stored food maker..
- instead plan and create some new meal recipes and experiment it , for your kids and family so that they look forward to having home cooked delicious meal.
- If your concerned that your child Is a picky eater, which can become a compromise on the growth of your child, consult a doctor and a nutritionist, he or she can plot your child’s growth, on a chart.
- Keep things positive and healthy, always make sure you encourage your kids to do something productive, they like to hear what they cant do. Infact praise them and build their confidence, celebrate success and help your teen to grow and develop a good self image.
- Watching tv while dining or during anytime of meals, this
habit can lead to a sedentary lifestyle.. which is not healthy for your children. They tend to snack and binge excessively while watching tv which leads to other health problems and obesity..
- Keep your kids updated with the latest health benefits on food. Make it a habit to that helps change behavior for a lifetime.
- Not only nutrition, we also must take care of their bone weight and muscle growth at the same time, so as to when they understand that this is equally important, that’s the time you act as a health advocate to your child.
- Be active at sports, keep your child involved in all outdoor sport to develop a great immune system. Seek and enjoy the pleasures that life has to offer.
- And most importantly – work and play should be for your own body and soul.
WHAT YOU AS A PARENT SEEK AND PROJECT , IS WHAT YOUR KIDS
WILL BE.. SO STAY HEALTHY AND BE HAPPY.