Summers are the best time to indulge in juicy, succulent and delicious watermelons. Besides being mouthwatering this fruit has wide array of health benefits. True to its name watermelon is 92% water and is soaked with nutrients. It is packed with vitamin A, B6,C, lycopene, antioxidants, potassium and amino acids. You can gorge countless pieces of watermelon to satiate your urge for sweet delight without putting on extra calories and reap multitude health benefits.
Health Benefits of Watermelon
- Keeps you hydrated- Thirst quenching watermelon is an ideal fruit in summers as it keeps you hydrated. It restores the loss of fluids and electrolytes due to sweating. It also prevents heatstroke.
- Keeps you in upbeat mood- Eating watermelon keeps you gaiety and happy. It is high in Vitamin B6 which is responsible for synthesis of neurotransmitter responsible for calming mood. By sipping water melon juice or eating few slices of watermelon you can improve your mood.
- Healthy Heart- Watermelon is enriched with lycopene, carotenoid which keeps your heart healthy. It also lowers cholesterol and improves cardiac functioning.
- Reduces Body’s Flab- Watermelon helps to reduce body fat as it is loaded with citrulline which prevents accumulation of fat thereby keeping you fit and healthy.
- Digestion- Watermelon keeps your digestive tract healthy as it contains fibre. It prevents constipation and promotes regularity in motion.
- Vibrant Skin- Intake of watermelon keeps the skin supple and moisturized as it contains vitamin A which is necessary for sebum production. Vitamin A is a necessary nutrient for body tissues, skin and hair.
- Anti- Carcinogenic- An excellent source of vitamin C and antioxidants, watermelon prevents the formation of free radicals known to cause cancer. Lycopene in the watermelon helps in prevention of prostate cancer.
- Builds up Immunity- A healthy diet loaded with nutrients fortifies the immunity system. Watermelon is a great source of vitamin A which strengthens the body’s defense mechanism thereby helps in fighting infections and diseases.
- Boost Energy Levels- If you remain sluggish and lethargic. So opt for watermelon to reinvigorate yourself as it leads to a resurgent increase in your energy levels. You can also mix watermelon juice with tablespoon of honey, some droplets of lemon juice and relish the drink.
But steer away from the notion of over consumption of watermelon slices or watermelon juice as it has perilous impact on body. It leads to vomiting, diarrhea, indigestion, bloating and gas. Moderate consumption of watermelon helps you to reap its countless health benefits. Stay Healthy and Get Respite from Summer Heat by gulping watermelon.