Dark spot or uneven colour is called hyperpigmentation. It is not a serious medical condition where some areas of skin have dark patches then the normal surrounding skin. It is caused by excess production of melanin by the skin cells. It is triggered by excessive exposure to sunlight hormonal changes, heredity, skin injury and stress.
Natural Remedies to Restore Spotless Skin
- Aloe Vera- Aloe vera helps in regeneration of skin cells and shuns off dead skin. Due to the presence of mucilaginous polysaccharides it leads to skin lightening. Apply aloe vera gel on the affected area for 15-20 mins. Rinse off with lukewarm water. For best results repeat it thrice a week.
- Orange Peel- Orange is endowed with vitamin C and antioxidants thus render a vibrant and glowing skin. Dry orange peel and apply the powdered peel along with cold milk and honey to the affected area for half an hour. Rinse off with water. This fends off excess oil and dead skin from the skin.
- Potato- Potato is not only a staple food item but it is also endowed with skin lightening properties. It is a treasure trove of nutrients and is packed with vitamins, minerals, essential fatty acids and phytochemicals. Peel a potato and cut it into thick slices. Gently rub the slices on the affected area for 8-10 mins. Repeat this procedure for 3-4 times a day for at least a month.
- Turmeric- Turmeric has been part of people’s beauty regime since ages. Turmeric is endowed with anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and bleaching properties and is an effective natural remedy to fend off dark spots and render a glowing skin. Mix one tea spoon of turmeric with one tea spoon of lemon juice. Gently apply on the affected area for 20 mins and then wash off with cold water. Avoid going out in sun for an hour after the remedy. Do it before taking bath.
- Almonds- A high protein content and Vitamin E in almond rectifies unusual discoloration of skin. Soak 8-10 almonds overnight and then make paste of almond and milk. Massage the paste on dark patches for 5 mins and leave it for 20 mins. Wash it off with water. For optimum results repeat it 3-4 times a week.
- Lemon juice- Lemon is packed with antioxidants and is a natural bleaching agent which fades away the dark patches. Squeeze lemon juice in a bowl and dip cotton ball in the juice. Apply on the affected area for 15-20 mins and then rinse it off with water.