Papaya is a fruit which is not on everyone’s favorite list. But once you develop a liking for this fruit you can’t resist nibbling cubes of papaya in the morning. Many children avoid eating papaya because of its sour aftertaste that accompanies the sweet fruit and instead gulp mangoes, grapes and berries.
But papaya is loaded with miraculous health benefits. Papaya can be consumed in both forms, raw and ripe. You can relish sumptuous papaya halwas, chutneys or grab small cubes of papaya. What makes papaya an irresistible part of daily food regime is the presence of enzyme papain along with other nutrients that works wonders for one’s health.
Health Benefits of Papaya
- Aids in Digestion- Consuming papaya fades away your digestion worries as papaya aids in digestion by breaking down proteins. A glass of papaya juice is a perfect remedy for digestion problems or constipation.
Guards against Heart Disease and Cancer- Papaya are endowed with antioxidants and phytonutrients that work against free radicals and protect the heart from probable heart disease and cancer.
- Keeps a check on Diabetes- Papaya regulates the blood sugar level and cholesterol because of the high fiber content thereby it keeps a tab on diabetes.
- Anti-inflammatory- Papaya contains effective enzymes and helps against inflammation. It has healing properties and heals wounds, cuts and burns.
- Immunity Booster- Papaya is a rich source of Vitamin A , B, C and K and boost immunity. It is a good for growth of body tissues, including hair and skin. Include a medium sized papaya in your daily diet which will satiate your need for vitamins.
- Skin Cleanser- Beauty experts also recommend applying slices of papaya on your skin to render glowing and ravishing skin as the active enzymes in papaya removes dirt and impurities.
- Keeps a Tab on Arthritis- Daily intake of papaya builds up calcium bank in the body and keeps a check on arthritis. It is also a rich source of minerals such as calcium, magnesium and copper.
- Treats Dengue- Dengue leads to a drop in blood platelets count so consuming papaya boosts up the platelets count. A simple remedy to get back the platelet count is by consuming papaya leaf juice. It can be prepared by grinding the leaves with a small amount of water to extract the juice.
- Promotes Weight Loss- Make papaya a part of your breakfast to avoid unhealthy binging. It is low on calories and promotes weight loss.