You once had bright, shiny and lustrous skin but with age the dark reality has dawned upon you and your skin has lost its radiance. There are several reasons responsible for this phenomenon i.e. the obvious culprit is ageing and the others are excessive exposure to sunlight, excessive smoking, regular consumption of alcohol, obesity, poor diet, pregnancy, dehydration and use of wrong skin care products .
Skin has an essential component called collagen and with ageing there is a fall in production of collagen culminating into sagging skin accompanied by fine lines and wrinkles.
- Avoid excessive exposure to sunlight- Limit your exposure to sunlight as over exposure to sunlight robs the skin of its natural moisture making it dry thus destructing collagen. Wear a sunscreen when you go out in the sun and remove makeup before sleeping.
- Proper Diet- Skin requires production of elastin and collagen to retain natural oils for keeping it moist and plump. Eat a diet rich in proteins such as cottage cheese, milk, legumes, tofu, beans, seeds, nuts and fish making skin tight and firm.
- A thorough massage- Massaging is an excellent anti ageing technique that promotes better blood circulation. Concentrate on those areas which need tightening and firmness. It also helps in lymphatic draining i.e removes toxics and dead skins to make way for nutrients to feed the skin thus adding vitality to skin.
- Quit Smoking- Quit smoking as it wrecks havoc on your skin. The thousands chemicals in cigarette breakdown the major component of skin i.e. elastin and collagen which leads the skin to lose its firmness, elasticity and radiance.
- Follow a regular exercise regime- Exercise helps to tone body and tightens muscles. Go for facial exercise to tighten you sagging and dropping skin. Open your eyes as wide as you can till the time your eyes starts watering. This will help tightening the muscles of your eyes and forehead.
- Hydrate yourself – Drink 8-10 glasses of water throughout the day. Minimize your intake of coffee and teas as it dehydrates the body. Drink coconut water, green tea has a beneficial effect on skin as it is packed with nutrients, antioxidants that nourishes the skin.
- Moisturize your skin- Follow a moisturizing and exfoliating regime for firm, shiny and wrinkle free skin. Use moisturizers with vitamin E content or moisture with coconut oil as it has astringent and antibacterial properties to soothe the skin.
- Skin Tightening Pack- Homemade skin tightening packs are the most credible skin firming packs. These are benevolent and offer long lasting results.
Banana is packed with huge repertoire of health benefits and is packed with vitamins and minerals. It restores the skin of its lost moisture and keeps it glowing. Take a medium sized banana and smash it without leaving lumps. Apply the paste on face for 15-20 mins then rinse it with cold water.