Brain is the most treasured possession but repeated occurrence of memory lapses can be nerve wracking. As you age there is a drop in cognitive ability which is the most gruesome phenomena. Markets are inundated with memory enhancing pills but often these pills do more harm than gain. There is no need to fret as there are tips that can keep your brain healthy and avert the chances of cognitive decline with age.
How to Improve Your Memory, Instantly Here is Given Simple Steps to Boost Your Memory
- Brain Food- Just as the body needs nourishment to stay lithe and fit in the same way brain needs nourishment to stay sharp and agile. Include a diet rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, healthy fats and proteins as a fuel for your brain. Limit diet rich in saturated fats like red meat, butter, cheese, cream etc as it has perilous impact on brain. Substitute tea with green tea as it is enriched with polyphenols and antioxidants that protect against free radicals that impair brain. Not to forget that water is boon against any ailment so to keep your brain sharp drink plenty of water.
- Regular Exercise- Physical exercise is said to have two pronged benefit for the brain as it not only increases oxygen in the brain keeping brain disorders at bay but also stimulates healthy brain chemicals thereby reducing stress. Exercising in the morning helps to carpe diem i.e seize the day as it keeps you more alert and focused at work or school. It will keep you in elevated mood due to formation of feel good hormones.
- Engage in Mentally Stimulating Activities- If you keep stimulating your brain with novel activities it will not atrophy with age. Keep on challenging your brain with puzzles, sudoko, memory games, reading and learn new language as flexing your brain muscles will boost your memory power.
- Seek Social Umbrella- Humans are social beings so socializing not only promotes emotional well being but also promotes mental wellbeing. Talking to a friend on phone or meeting with friends often termed as a mental exercise. It boosts memory and intellectual performance.
- Get a Good Sleep- Poor sleeps takes a toll on your mental health. It is important to take 7-8 hours of sleep for optimum brain health as it helps to process and retain information. Sleep causes changes in the brain and solidifies information thereby strengthening connections between brain cells and transferring information from one region to another.